so here's my list (also posted as a comment on brian's page):
- my wife - she's an occasional treadmill runner, but it would be great to get her out onto the roads and be able to share some of the time that i spend out there with her.
- emil zátopek - in his army boots, no less!
- haile gebrselassie - the great one. 'nuff said.
- chrissie wellington - is there a more positive person on the planet?
- dick and rick hoyt - i'm sure that i would be different forever after running with them.
- steve prefontaine - after one run i'd know what putting it all out there is truly like.
- yuki kawauchi - at the conclusion of which i'm sure that i would pass out and feel like i was dying while being attended to by the medics.
- my grandfather - the dude had one leg and served as an admiral (on loan to the British) who helped save over fifty men from an invading japanese force.
- forrest gump (!) - the patron saint of runners. and table tennis players. and shrimp boaters.
- eric liddell - so we could both feel God's pleasure when we ran.
who makes your list?