here are some extractions from presentations by Alex McManus, Brian Russell, Eric Sweiven and Mike Harris (as well as the group discussions that resulted):
- the West is losing about 5000 Christians a day ... compared to China that is gaining about 16000 Christians each day
- what kind of Christianity have we been promoting that atheists want to market the idea that people can "stop worrying and enjoy your life"?
- in a centered set (see feb. 2 entry), we also have to be aware that Jesus is not a motionless centre
- the human creature is the only one in the natural world who has the power to intentionally destroy the worlds of other
- from the original betrayal (adam, eve, the garden of eden) there resulted a deep shift out of alignment with the Creator, the cosmos and with other creatures - so there is looming in our future a great re-connection
- i'm not about making the heathen like me ... i'm about making the heathen in me human again
- the call to repentance in the Scriptures doesn't say what to be repentent of
- what would it be like for us to present a Gospel that people can access before opening up the Scriptures?