28 October 2020

Reclaiming purpose in running

It's been a cool 4+ months since I last showed up on Strava.

My reasons why were very personal, and it was important for me to take a break from anyone's running expectations.

Now, with a new (to me) watch on wrist I've decided to resurface.  But (despite majority opinion to the contrary) its not Strava that defines my running.

It's not racing that defines my running.

To be honest, I can't say with 100% certainty anymore that I know what defines my running.  


But it just could be something closer to this ...


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for having such an open heart Patrick. Our prayers go such a long way. God bless you not only as you minister from the pulpit, but also ministering the way that Jesus did. Meeting the downcast and downtrodden where they are at. God bless you so much. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carl, thanks for taking the time to read, comment and share! You are a role model and inspiration to me my friend, but if we can both recognize that we are taking the lead from our Lord and Saviour then I think that we'll continue to be conduits of grace and love!

      Delete
    2. You are very welcome Patrick. My pleasure. You are very generous with your words. You are such an inspiration to me. So well spoken in your comment. The Lord does lead and nudge us with His promptings. God bless you! :)

      Delete